Mario, Master Plumber
Experience:  Master Plumber, Fire Sprinkler, and Jobbing Spec.

How do you replace a cartridge valve on a kitchen faucet

Customer Question

How do you replace a cartridge valve on a Price Pfister 533-50 kitchen faucet? I am having difficulty removing the retainer nut.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mario replied 7 years ago.

1) in the handel dead center there may be a piece of plastic that is red and blue remove it it should pop off if it is missing there will be a hole showing ( when i sa dead center i mean looking at the faucet under the part of the handel you lift up on

2) insert a alen key in the hole and remove the screw then remove the handel

3) you will see the top of the cartdrig around the cartdrig and under the handel there is an escution turn it clock wise and it will come off

4) under the escution and around the cartdrig there is a hex nut with plyers turn the nut clock wise when the nut comes off you can pull out the cartdrig

now install the new parts and resamble

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, by the time you answered I already figured it out and completed the project. Before when I use JustAnswer I received an almost immediate response, so that was what I was expecting this time. I didn't have time to wait for this response. Thanks for responding anyway though.
Expert:  Mario replied 7 years ago.