Patrick
Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects
16029536

Why does my electric hot water heater keep turning off

Customer Question

Why does my electric hot water heater keep turning off?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Couple of things to check. Look at this site and run through the troubleshooting for no power. This should address your issues. Good luck. If this has proven helpful, please remember to hit aCCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you. http://www.chilipepperapp.com/troublee.htm
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is not helping. It is on a timer - I have not touched the timer. So why would it still turn offf?
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Because your thermostats or more likely, heating elements are faulty and causing the power to shut off. Read through the info I sent and see if you can isolate which it is. If the timer is to the on position see if you can make the diagnosis.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I cannot find the reset button. Any suggestions?

Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Do you have access plate covers that need to be removed for top and bottom on the side of the tank.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know. It is covered with insulation and in a tight area hard to get to. I will try to find them.
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
You have to remove the insulation wrap to access.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I realize that. I wish you could see it. I think I will have to call a plumber/HVAC to get it fixed. Thanks for your help. Customer(Chrysler).
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
No problem Good luck.