Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

WATER IS NOT RUNNING INTO TOILET. Water works in shower & vanity

WATER IS NOT RUNNING INTO TOILET. Water works in shower & vanity sink. Is there a different water pipe feeding into the toilet? No problem with 2nd toilet in the house.
Water bill was 2x normal and I had chalked it up to outside watering of plants. Have a rain deficit in this area. Could there be a break in an outside line and how do I find out?
HiCustomerbr />You probably need to replace the fill valve on the toiletgraphic
Also if your water bill is high it could be because you also need to replace the flapper on the flush valve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
With the toilet tank empty and the valve open all the way, why doesn't water come into the tank?
Because the fill valve is likely clogged up. That is why it needs to be replaced. It is also possible but very unlikkely that the shut off under the toilet is clogged up.