Bud
Bud, Plumber
Experience:  22 Years Field Experience - 17 Years Business Ownership - Residential or Light Commercial
13237305

The water flow through my kitchen faucet has reduced to a trickle.

The water flow through my kitchen faucet has reduced to a trickle. I have checked the pipes under the sink and made sure the valves are open. All other places in the house are working normally, with no change in water pressure. I checked under the house and outside for leaky pipes and found nothing. The kitchen faucet is a moen single handle with a spray attachment in the head. It is about 6 years old. What is wrong? Do I need a new kitchen faucet?

Hi ,

Thank you for asking your question on
I am
Bud - Your personal online "Plumbing Consultant"

For a sink I would try the following tests:

• 1. Unscrew the aerator at the tip of the faucet and remove, then turn on water to see if pressure is good; if so then take apart and clean the aerator, then reinstall . If pressure is not good...go to next step.

• 2. Shut-off hot or cold water supply under the sink and unscrew the supply line from the faucet; put the end into a bucket and turn valve back on. If pressure is good, the problem is in the faucet/ cartridge and you will need to take the faucet apart to flush out the area where the cartridge sits. If pressure is not good...go to next step.
  • 3. Shut-off hot or cold water supply under the sink and unscrew supply line at shut-off valve and attach new supply line; put the end into a bucket and turn valve back on. If pressure is good, the problem is in the supply line between faucet and shut-off valve and replacing it will fix the problem. If pressure is not good...go to next step.
  • 4. Shut off main water supply and take hot or cold water shut-off valve apart to inspect the rubber gasket and to see if it possibly is blocking the openings, even when the valve is open. Replace shut-off valve if necessary, I recommend a quarter turn valve.

I hope the above information helps, if it does not please let me know.

If this helps you, please CLICK ACCEPT (I DO NOT GET PAID OTHERWISE) then PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

Questions do not close after you click accept and I will be available for additional follow up.

If you leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK for me you deserve a

My goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please do not accept my answer, if you do not feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES are gladly accepted

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try what you suggest with all the lines. I can't do what you suggest in #1 because my faucet is one of those that the head comes out and has a spray attachment integrated into it.
In that case, the head may need replaced to correct th pressure..