Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

I have a problem with a toilet when I flush the water is going

I have a problem with a toilet when I flush the water is going down real slow.I took the whole unit out put in a bath tub and pour water down I don't see any problem and look down the hole it was two feet down drop and I put the unit back it was still flush down slow.I read the add I might have a vent hole plug up and I use the screw put inside each hole and I see some small white calcium fall from the holes.After i did all that i flush the water it is going down,but it is not fast enough the way I want it to be.What can I do to make it going down fast?Thank you for your help,Duang.B
The problem may be that you are not getting water into the toilet bowl fast enough to flush it. You may have mineral deposits in the holes around the under rim of your toilet that need to be cleaned. First, check inside your toilet tank and verify that it is filling to the correct level. Verify that the flapper valve is sealing correctly and that it is allowing the tank to empty when you push the lever to flush.If all of this is working correctly, good. If not, adjust, repair or replace to correct the problem. If all is good with the water level in the tank and the tank empties when you flush you may have clogged holes in the rim of your toilet that are not allowing the full flush action of the bowl wash to work. This is common in hard water areas. Look under your rim inside the bowl. Feel with your fingers if there is build up. Get a coat hanger and cut it into a four or five inch length that is straight and bend a loop onto it in order to hold it comfortably. Now, insert the wire into the holes under the rim, rodding it in and out in order to free up any build up. Work your way around the bowl opening the holes. You may be able to use an appropriately sized small drill bit and do the same by hand with it. DO NOT USE A DRILL TO DO THIS! You are only trying to break away any build up. After opening the holes try flushing to clear the material your have loosened. I have also turned off the water to the tank and drained the tank and followed up with a lime dissolving product poured down hole under the flapper to fill the bowl wash. Apply the same under the rim. I have taken paper towels and soaked them in the lime dissolving solution and put them up under the rim to allow the stuff to work. Dispose of the paper towels in a plastic bag in the trash when done. Flush again to clear. If this is your problem it should fix it. If you have one of the early generation low volume flush toilets you may be faced with multiple flushes to clear any large volume of waste and toilet paper. These early models did not work too well. It helps to flush waste then flush toilet paper with some of these older models. Good Luck. If this has proven helpful, please remember to hit ACCEPT, otherwise I do not receive credit. Thank you. <br /><a href="" target="_blank"></a>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I talk to my brother,he said that in Taxus they provide a new toilet law to cut back usages water.The old toilet takes 4 gallon and a new toilet uses only 2 gallon of water.He told me go buy a new toilet instead having problem all the times.Thank you for your help and I rather go get a new toilet and forget fixing the problem.
The new toilet will cut down on water usage, lowering your water bill. Someday, if the new toilet has mineral build up, you can use this method to keep it running correctly.