Bud
Bud, Plumber
Experience:  22 Years Field Experience - 17 Years Business Ownership - Residential or Light Commercial
13237305

Both hot and cold faucets and sprayer suddenly stopped working,

Both hot and cold faucets and sprayer suddenly stopped working, the water valves under the sink are on and I am trying to figure what happened. I don't have a sophisticated filter on the spout.
What could be the problem. BTW, the left hand sink is very slow to drain. Thanks Chip

Hi Customer,

Thank you for asking your question on
I am Bud - Your personal online "Plumbing Consultant"

For a sink faucet I would try the following tests:

• 1. Unscrew the aerator at the tip of the faucet and remove, then turn on water to see if pressure is good; if so then take apart and clean the aerator, then reinstall . If pressure is not good...go to next step.

• 2. Shut-off hot or cold water supply under the sink and unscrew the supply line from the faucet; put the end into a bucket and turn valve back on. If pressure is good, the problem is in the faucet/ cartridge and you will need to take the faucet apart to flush out the area where the cartridge sits. If pressure is not good...go to next step.

• 3. Shut-off hot or cold water supply under the sink and unscrew supply line at shut-off valve and attach new supply line; put the end into a bucket and turn valve back on. If pressure is good, the problem is in the supply line between faucet and shut-off valve and replacing it will fix the problem. If pressure is not good...go to next step.

• 4. Shut off main water supply and take hot or cold water shut-off valve apart to inspect the rubber gasket and to see if it possibly is blocking the openings, even when the valve is open. Replace shut-off valve if necessary, I recommend a quarter turn valve.

I hope the above information helps, if it does not please let me know.

If you leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK for me you deserve a

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bud,
Thanks for the help. The problem is not in step 1. So I have some work to do. This faucet has been in the sink for 15 yrs. Maybe it has come to the end of it's life.
Chip

WOW, 15 years...Probably so.. The spray diverter could also be stuck and not allowing water to flow either place, spout or spray. It should be in the body of the faucet behind the spout.