Mario, Master Plumber
Experience:  Master Plumber, Fire Sprinkler, and Jobbing Spec.

My Hot water tank is empty and is not filling up that well.

My Hot water tank is empty and is not filling up that well. Cold tap is working ok. Toilet is not flushing properly either, cistern doesn't seem to filling up as well as it should be. What could be the problem?

i have a few questions

is it cold where you are

have you turned any valves offf

do you see water in the front of your house ( possible water main break )

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is not frosty, no. 5 degrees C outside.

I have not turned any valves off.

There doesn't seem to be any water leaks, the fire in the lounge seems to be heating the radiators as normal..

so the only fixtures that are affected are the water heater and toilet ? have you checked any thing elese
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i don't know what else to check, when you turn on any of the hot taps all you get is a trickle..
from what you are saying it sounds like there is a valve off on the cold water side or a blockage if you can can you follow the water lines start where the cold starts and go as far as you can to the first fixture and befor the heater thats where your problem is. if ther is no valve there then there must be a blockage in the line