Mario
Mario, Master Plumber
Experience:  Master Plumber, Fire Sprinkler, and Jobbing Spec.
14516829

TO GET RID OF WATER PIPE KNOCK

Customer Question

TO GET RID OF WATER PIPE KNOCK?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mario replied 8 years ago.

there are a few ways

if the house is old some plumbers back in the day installed air hammers i would try this first old or new house

turn off the water and drain the house compleatly this will drain the water from the lowest point this will drain the hammers and restor the system

thats one thing

the next is installing a air arester by the water main this will absorb most if not all of most pipe knocking

the other method is to locate the cause of the knock ie; a toilet a washing machine or some mechanical valve found on a washing machine refrigator ice or water maker some times thease valves may need replacement and can also cause a knock

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I cannot get to trying this solution until tomorrow morning (Sat.). But I think it will work.
Thanks.
Expert:  Mario replied 8 years ago.
any time
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I turned of the water and drained the system. This fixed one of the two problem faucets. The second still is noisy. It gives of a humming or vibrating sound when I turn on the faucet on low. If I turn up the water volume the vibration goes away. This is an outdoor faucet but the vibration goes through the house.

Any ideas on what else to try?

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Mario replied 8 years ago.
your hose eithee has a vacume breaker on it ( a round nub on the top ) or a loose washer