Patrick, General Contractor
Experience:  30 years commercial construction and 23 years house remodeling projects

Where can I buy just a tank for my toilet My tank has a hairline

Customer Question

Where can I buy just a tank for my toilet? My tank has a hairline crack in its bottom and leaks. The toilet is 25 yrs. old and the tank is bolted to the base by three bolts. Is there a brand name on the bottom of the tank.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Patrick replied 7 years ago.
Look inside the bottom of the tank lid to get information as to the model of your toilet. Another place to look is inside the tank. Typically there are a series of numbers and letters that are pressed into the china of the tank or lid. The brand name of the toilet is usually located behind the toilet seat, below the tank. Write down all of the numbers and letters that you find. I have a 1963 toilet that I broke the tank top lid and was able to locate a replacement from a supplier in New York. what color is your toilet. Let's get this information and let me see what I can find. Also, the cost of getting some replacement parts on older toilets can exceed the price of replacing the entire toilet. Just a thought. Let me hear from you with what you find.