Bud, Plumber
Experience:  22 Years Field Experience - 17 Years Business Ownership - Residential or Light Commercial

My sump pump motor burned out. I called a notable co. The tech

My sump pump motor burned out. I called a notable co. The tech said he could fix right away. He removed old pump, I helped clean out drum pit. He replaced with 1/2 hp with 11/2 outlet discharge. Bill was $1200.00. Days later I realized this was way out of line. What should I do?
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Would it help if I wrote to the pres. of this big company just to let him know how deliberatley unfair they are. I did sign the invoice out of stupidity. I want this guy to know I feel his prices are radically unfair and how abused I feel about being charged $900.00 in labor. I went to HOme Depot and lowes & became ill to see the prices of Pumps. The plumbers there were not shccked, said others have been taken by this co.

Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

It may or may not help. Signing the invoice wasn't stupid, at the time you signed, you were satisfied. You should send him a letter to let him know you feel that price was unfair.

I know it may be hard to see, but he may be just scraping by to make bills and payroll. The owner may not be making a never know.... On the other hand, he may be living large on your dime....I have had the fortune or misfortune of having seen both sides of that coin!!!

There is alot of assumption that goes on when it comes to money....

Thank You for the accept!!!