Jonathan, Plumber
Experience:  Experienced expert journeyman mechanic in all types of plumbing, heating,and gas.

My InSinkerator HC1100 is leaking. Insinkerator Support told

My InSinkerator HC1100 is leaking. Insinkerator Support told me this is not serviceable by a homeowner, and since it is past warranty I should just buy a new one for $300++. I am handy with home repair and plumbing and I'd like to try to repair the unit. Might be just a leaking seal or washer. The unit is difficult to disassmble. Any advice? Do you know of any dispenser service manual?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Jonathan replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to just answer.
Sorry to here about your problem.

As a hot water dispenser, like any other hot water heater, through time needs to be replaced. But it is possible that it could be just a simple fix. Considering that I myself do not know where the leak has actually taken place on your insinkerator, here is a link that will show you a complete manual for your device:
                 Most of the simple parts like the 3/8" or 1/4" tubing can be bought at your local hardware store or plumbing supply. Good luck and if you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry my question was not clear. It is the faucet mechansim which is both leaking and not turning off. The rest of the system (tubes & tank) are fine. It's the faucet unit itself which seems to be broken, and which Insinkerator says must be serviced by their professional or replaced. The manual does not describe how to disassemble the faucet dispenser mechanism. I've successfully repaired other more standard faucets, which might typically need a new wahser or spring. So do you have any info about disassmbling an Insinkerator faucet dispenser? Thanks

Expert:  Jonathan replied 7 years ago.
            It is not unusual that you are having a problem with this faucet. I have heard a lot of poor reviews in terms of the costumer service and unfortunately they do not make repair parts for the faucet which seems crazy for such an expensive device. If you were to have a service tech look and troubleshoot your insinkerator, chances are he would charge you an arm and a leg just to tell you to replace the whole thing. Because these devices are not really designed to actually repair, such as in your case, I can only suggest to you that you first turn off the hot and cold water supply, then try and detach the shutoff valves on the faucet by process of elimination(try unscrewing it, that sort of thing). Now there should be a spring under the valves, this spring could be weakened from corrosion and have built up deposits causing it to leak. By cleaning that out and removing the deposits, that should help with your problem. I'm sorry that I could not be of more help to you, but these devices are not like any regular faucet where parts are more easily replaceable. If you have anymore questions that you would like to ask, please do. Thank you and good luck.