Jonathan
Jonathan, Plumber
Experience:  Experienced expert journeyman mechanic in all types of plumbing, heating,and gas.
15458697

how to instal a split inverter air conditioner by my selfe

Customer Question

how to instal a split inverter air conditioner by my selfe?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Jonathan replied 8 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer.

That is great that you would like to install one of these units all on your own. Is it possible, YES and NO. Depends if you are good technically and know how to work with electricity. You may or may not be able to do it. Some people install the indoor and outdoor unit and pay a small amount to an electrician to hard wire the outdoor unit. Some people choose to do it all by themselves with their past experience. Manufacturer recommends to have it installed by an HVAC professional. But again I do understand that you feel you can take on the project, so here is a link that will show you a video of step by step instructions on how to install the split inverter ac unit:

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,1630888,00.html

My reply is only based on the general question you provided. There are many different makes and models and my help could be irrelevant do to those factors. If you feel that this information hasn't helped, then please give me more details so I can further assist you. Good luck and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you