Bud, Plumber
Experience:  22 Years Field Experience - 17 Years Business Ownership - Residential or Light Commercial

I took my delta single knob shower faucet apart to put in new

I took my delta single knob shower faucet apart to put in new parts and now when i put it back together i can't turn the water off. I put the parts back the way they came off and it still doesn't work.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

Ok, great. The hardest thing to make for certain when rebuilding those, is the two rubber seats and springs that fit in the body of the faucet the ball seals against. I know this is a picture of a kitchen faucet but the parts are interchangable. Use a little vasaline on the rubber seats to keep them in place while placing the ball into place. After tightening the bonnet nut, the adjustment nut (Nylon or plastic) can be tightened for fine adjustments.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my shower faucet doesn't look anything like that. It has no rubber washers. It is a ball shower faucet with one knob for control. I put the ball and everything back together and it will not work.
Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

Delta only makes two styles of ball type and both of them requires this kit.graphic

If all you replaced was the ball, you need to replace the rest of the parts in the faucet shown in the kit above.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have that kit however, when i disassembled the faucet there were not rubber rings. where do the rubber rings go?
Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

In the back of the body are two holes for the spring and seat. A small screw driver can be used to remove the old seats. Then just a little vasaline to kinda hold the new seats in place till you get hte ball in place. This should take care of your problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

actually this one has three holes in the back. does all three holes require this spring? Also what about the large rubber rings? Thanks

Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

Yes, it does have three, the third one is for the water to go to the shower head.

No, only the two that have seats now.

The shower faucet should not require the "O" rings. only the larger concave plastic/rubber part.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have been working on this most of the day. I did those things and i cannot turn the water off with this faucet. I continues to run regardless of how i turn the handle. I'm at the end of my rope. all i did was take it apart to put on a new dome cover and it all fell apart.
Expert:  Bud replied 7 years ago.

After taking the faucet all apart,

1. Install new springs and seats w/vasaline
  2. Place the new ball into place
  3. Place new concave part over the ball
  4. Screw on the bonnet cover
  5. You may not have to adjust the nut around the handle.

These are the only steps necessary to repair your faucet.