repipeslo
repipeslo, Plumber
Experience:  10+ years experiance in the pipe industries.
9985190

water is backing up into my toilet--Ive tried a plunger but

Customer Question

water is backing up into my toilet--I've tried a plunger but no improvement--it takes about 2 hrs for the bowl to completely fill up, then I have to dip the water out
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  repipeslo replied 5 years ago.
Sounds like a problem with the internals. Is it flushing ok?
repipeslo, Plumber
Experience: 10+ years experiance in the pipe industries.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, it does not flush

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did not get answer to second question--why do I have to pay for incomplete help
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

You do not have to .

I'll help you if it is ok with you. No further payment will be required.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My toilet bowl keeps filling up with water; have used the plunger several times without success; have to dip water out apr every 3 hrs as it fills completely up--for over 24 hours.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot reply without authorizing further payment?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The commode will not flush properly

If the water is entering the toilet from the bowl then the water is backing up from whatever appliance or fixture is being used at the time.

Other than that the problem you are having is the flapper inside of your toilet. It is allowing water to leak past it. These are easily replaceable and inexpensive. You may wish to try cleaning the edge of the tank where the flapper seats against the tank of any debris. Checking the sealing surface of the flapper might help too.

As for the clogged toilet I think that it would be best if you had someone come out and clear the lines for you. They will be able to determine if there is a more serious problem with your sewer system.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank, this helps somewhat

You do not have to accept (authorise payment) again. You may ask as many follow up questions as you like.

You can stop the water from entering the tank by turning off the valve at the wall where the water line goes into the tank.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The water is not coming out of the tank; turned it off; water is coming from the commode.

You need to determine what is still letting water into your sewer lines. It could be another toilet, a leaking faucet or anything else that has water supplied to it.

As a last resort untill you can get a plumber to unclog your lines you can turn the water off to the whole house and then open an outside faucet nearest the lowest point in the water system . This will stop any more water from being added to the sewer lines.