Plumber Matthew
Plumber Matthew, Plumber
Experience:  Licensed Journeyman Plumber. Eleven years of Commercial and Residential plumbing.

How do I remove my badger 5 insinkerator

How do I remove my badger 5 insinkerator?
First confirm that the electricity is shut off to the disposal, it is also a good idea to shut off the water to the sink so know one uses it while the disposal is disconnected.

Carefully loosen the nuts on the continuous waste/p-trap and remove the drain. Be prepared for some water to come out.

Directly on top of the disposal is the quick release mounting flange. This is a round metal ring with what looks like three little tubes attached. Take a screwdriver in one of those tubes for leverage and twist counter clockwise. You may need to use a tapping force to start the ring turning.

The entire disposal will drop free, be careful as it may be heavy.

Here is a video that may also help:

If you need any more info on this topic please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much for answering my question so quickly. I told my wife I would fix the food disposal tonight and when I couldnt figure out how to remove it, I started to get angry.

I just registered for "justanswer" and wanted to ask you how you go about answering questions? I went through the initial phase of the setup answering all the required questions. How do I get access to the questions so I can start answering them myself? Thanks and have a good day.

Gil Nims

Thank you for accepting my answer and for the bonus. It is much appreciated!

As far as becoming an expert yourself, if you have set up a mini profile and answered the expert questions in the subject of your choice then Just Answer will be getting back to you to finish setting things up. Keep in mind that very few people who apply actually become experts.

Thanks and good luck!