30yearPlumber
30yearPlumber, Plumber
Experience:  2nd generation, Master Plumber, Plumbing inspector, Code official
11872526

I would like to fit a wood burning stove with a back boiler.

Customer Question

I would like to fit the back boiler into my current gas fired central heating to heat some of the radiators or to use the hot water produced to reduce the amount of gas use to heat the hot water for the radiators. What is the best way to incorporate the back boiler into my central heating system?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  30yearPlumber replied 8 years ago.

Hot Water From Your Wood Stove

I would really be careful about heating water with a wood stove. If it isn't set up right you could flash the water to steam, and pressurize it to the point of an explosion. It could also cool the gases enough in the chimney to cause buildup on the chimney walls leading to a fire. Almost every expert will say that you can't get enough heat from a wood stove to heat your house with hot water. They do make outdoor wood burning boilers that are set up for this and are safer. Read the link and make informed decisions and be careful . PlumberTom

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If I was to install my stove to heat my central heating hot water can you send me a sketch to show me how to install?
Central Heating wood stove installation