repipeslo
repipeslo, Plumber
Experience:  10+ years experiance in the pipe industries.
9985190

Why does my toilet double flush I have replaced the ...

Why does my toilet double flush? I have replaced the flapper ( korky that adjust for more or less flush) and I have installed a new Fluid Master.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  repipeslo replied 8 years ago.

Couple of things. Your floater ball may need to be adjusted by adjusting the locknuts. Also it can be the tension on the chain may be to tight. Also make sure your water flow rate screw is adjusted properly.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to repipeslo's Post: I do not have a floater ball, the chain is loose, there is not a flow rate screw on the fluid master???????
Expert:  repipeslo replied 8 years ago.
Try closing your angle stop all the way, then open it to were it is only half way open this can sometimes solve the double flush problem. Fluid master are known for this problem it is common. Make sure the toilet doesn'g clog a double fulusher can back up and if the first flush backs up you will get the second one on the floor. Let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the fluid master all the way and then opened it half way. Works GREAT Thanks alot. XXXXX XXXXX from Alabama