Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

Need my neck tightened...can I get a consult and discuss

Customer Question

Need my neck tightened...can I get a consult and discuss that procedure and others?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: No just sagging skin which ages me more than my case.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had 2 knee replacements, that are fabulous..I am in very good general health...but as a performer...I need a little work. My sister offered to follow me around and pull my skin back from behind!😁
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your question. In order to tighten the neck area, you will also need a facelift. The extra skin from the neck is associated with the extra skin of the face. This procedure also involves tightening the platysmal muscle of the neck. This can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or under general anesthesia. You need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss the surgery in detail with you as well as the risks and complications. I am available if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you located? If I decide to go ahead with this. You answered my questioner professionally and I appreciate it.
I am located in South Florida.