Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I am only 17 but I was wondering if there were any

Customer Question

I am only 17 but I was wondering if there were any procedures to make my eyes appear more open. In recent years, my eyes have drooped. I am still able to see but it has made my eyes appear much smaller and my eyes always feel tired now. Also the skin on my eyelids is also beginning to get thinner. Any solutions? thanks.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For some reason, my eyes have drooped dramatically from the ages of 15-17 and now the skin on my eyelids is starting to thin out. The two photos I uploaded is one from when I was 12 and another from this week. I am very affected by it because I used to be known as the girl with the biggest eyes in the room. I never appreciated it until I lost it. Now my eyes look way smaller and no one seems to tell me "your eyes are so big and pretty" like I used to always hear.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think my eyes have just drooped as my natural growing process. I had an eating disorder around the age of 14 for about 8 months and lost 25 pounds then gained this weight back within 5 months, so this could have contributed to my eye drooping. Just wanted to know what my options are surgically. Also, as you can see my left eyebrow is slightly lower than my right. I was born with this. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do you think i am too young to be having any procedures on my eyes? Thanks
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Please send a picture as the one you sent did not appear.
Your picture just appeared. Unfortunately at your age, no surgery is recommended. You would probably benefit from a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who also specializes in skin care. I am available if you have further questions.