Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I have had a horn lip lift 6 months ago. As the middle part

Customer Question

I have had a bull horn lip lift 6 months ago. As the middle part is lifted but not the outer parts i feel as the mouth is a little bit "sad"/downturned. I have restylane added to push up the outer parts but I do not like the puffiness from restylane and as I understand it the corner lip lift is an obsolete procedure.My main goal with an operation is to lower the middle part to make the line running between the lips more straight again/less "sad mouth" (the three down arrows in my picture).My second goal is to have a higher lip (more red visible) at the outer parts (the two up arrows in my picture).I am thinking about VY-plasty and/or fat transfer to address both main and second goal.
Is it possible to fix both main and second goal and how?Will an VY-plasty add length and make the upper lip cover the lower lip a little bit?
If so could I do more in the middle and less on the sides? or VY-plasty on the sides and fat transfer in the middle?https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPTnvdCG9joJx-fqaYRckuk3PfT4R63pc8f3zybO3NlGJ0BddcOdJw8xXat7RiTZg?key=LXFma2RCT0JaV3VNUjlkNXdST2NKTXVnUlFWdk5B
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your question. Please send your photos in a different manner. I am not able to access them from my mobile device. Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have added the file as an attachment to this message instead of a link.
You could do both v-y plastic and fat transfer at the same but there is no guarantee as to the final result. You may be expecting more than what surgery can achieve. You need to have a serious, straight forward talk with your plastic surgeon about your expectations.
It should say v-y plasty