Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I had a beauty spot (mole) for many years, i decided to

Customer Question

i had a beauty spot (mole) for many years, i decided to remove it in a mini-surgery. i noticed the mark or scar from the surgery still there after 2 months. what treatement or band can i use to accelerate and improve cicatrization?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. No matter how "mini" the surgery, it takes 6 months at least for scars to mature and reach their final appearance. Avoiding sun exposure, using sunblock and massaging the scar with cocoa butter can help a scar heal but it will not speed up the healing process. I am available if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your answer. Also, I want to know if you can recommend me some type of scar treatment, maybe like a bandage o special cream.
The best to use for scar treatment is sold over the counter at your drug store. Either Mederma or a silicone sheeting. You should talk to the pharmacist to see what they keep in stock at your drug store.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your advice.
You are welcome
You are welcome