Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

Is there any way that I’ll get a 3d model of my face so I

Customer Question

Hi!Is there any way that I’ll get a 3d model of my face so I can check exact differences between before and after a surgery? Pictures don’t really work for me because of so many variables. It could be like an app, even there is an extra gadget that has to be attached, or anything that will give me a 3d model of my face and it would not be expensive.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. At present, there is no 3D available for what you are asking. A lot of plastic surgeons are opposed to this type of evaluation because it implies a certain result and tissue is unpredictable as to exact healing. I am available if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there!And what would you recommend me to do, so I can evaluate my progress?
Unfortunately the only way to evaluate your progress is with photographs and belief in what your surgeon is telling you.