Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

My daughter is 21 and has a mild double chin She is

Customer Question

My daughter is 21 and has a mild double chin
She is considering kybella injections
Is it safe for a 21 year old and how long does it last?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I am Dr Abid.Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply.

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 months ago.

She is quite young and in growing age , at this age double chin is some what different from old age double chin , in which skin become lax , so at this age it would be ideal to have liposuction of fat rather than this injection.

It would be ideal to get her examination of chin to look for quantity of fat to decide what treatment is good for her double chin.

Regards ***** ***** luck .

“Please let me know if you have any further questions. And please take the time to leave me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer. You can always ask me for a follow-up question post rating the answer. You can also ask for me in the future by going on the linkhttp://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/”

Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a board certified plastic surgeon and would not recommend kybella injections. In almost all cases, kybella does not work. Your daughter should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what is best for her. I am available if you have further questions.