Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;

I'm going open heart surgery in few weeks, I'm

Customer Question

I'm going for a open heart surgery in few weeks, I'm worried about the scar. I'm 30 year old male. will a plastic surgery help in erasing the scar.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. The scar from your upcoming surgery takes time to heal completely. The time required is 12 months. Usually these scars heal well. If there is any problem that develops with the scar, you could have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to see how that scar can be improved. No scar can be completely removed but it can be improved upon. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I am available if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I see some pictures for an adult.
You need to look online for that. Look under "appearance of scars following open heart surgery" and see what shows up