Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

What is the average cost mommy makeover? I have breast

Customer Question

What is the average cost for a mommy makeover? I have breast tissue in my armpits that hurts very bad and needs to be removed. I believe I need a breast lift and implants as they are like pancakes after breast feeding. I believe I need aa tummy tuck from hanging skin from pregnancy and maybe a bit of fat removed (not much). I also broke my nose several times years ago and there are bones sticking out of the side of my nose it is flat and square on the bridge and is very sensitive to cold and I have trouble smelling and breathing well through my nose. I was just wondering how much it would cost and how long it would take to fix these issues and how to find the best surgeon in the area
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. There are multiple procedures involved in a "mommy makeover". Breast and body procedures (tummy tuck and liposuction) are considered part of a "mommy makeover". Nasal surgery is usually not part of this term and is usually performed as a separate procedure. Performing breast surgery includes a breast lift with or without implants. That depends on what an exam of the breasts reveals - if a lift alone is enough or if implants are also needed. An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and liposuction is also considered part of a "mommy makeover". The cost of these procedures including anesthesia and the facility fee can range from $10,000 to $15,000 depending on where you live. Most plastic surgeons would not perform nasal surgery at the same time as these other procedures - too much surgery at one time, more difficult to do and more difficult for recovery. Nasal surgery costs range from $3,500 to $6,000 depending again on where you reside. It is mandatory to have an experienced board certified plastic surgeon perform these procedures. I am available if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I knew the nose would be a separate surgery :-) I was just curious on that cost also. My last questions for this are... Would the displaced breast tissue in my armpit area be part of the mommy makeover or would that be separate? If separate what would that typically cost? What are the healing times and care instructions for all of these procedures and how long would I have to expect to take off from work? And what types of scarring would be noticeably visible and permanent results of these surgeries?
The "displaced breast tissue" should be part of the breast procedure. But this must be discussed with the plastic surgeon at your consultation. The breast surgery and abdominal surgery done at the same time usually requires about 3-4 weeks off of work, especially if there is any lifting or reaching associated with your work. Total healing time for both is at least 6 months-12 months for the scars to reach maturity. If you are a good healer and not a keloid (thick scar) former, the scars will fade with time but always be noticeable. After care instructions for the first few weeks include no lifting, no reaching, no exertion, no exercise, no driving and any other restrictions as your plastic surgeon suggests. Permanent results from this surgery is an unusual question because that depends on how you take care of yourself. For example, if you gain weight, the breasts will enlarge again and your abdomen will also. More specific responses to your questions can really only be answered after and exam and consultation.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My question for preeminent results was directed towards what scars I would have. What I meant was where will I have scars? How large will they be, as in length and placement on my body and so on. I am trying to weigh out what is the lesser of two evils... If the mommy body or the scars would personally bother me more...
There will be permanent scarring. The scars of the breasts will be around the areolae and then like an inverted "T" beneath the areolae and horizontal in the breast crease. The length of the horizontal scar depends on the size of the breasts. The abdominal scars are around the umbilicus (belly button) and then a horizontal scar across the lower part of the abdomen. Again the length depends on the size of the abdomen. These are questions that should be answered more accurately after an exam. These type of surgeries are always a "trade off" - removal of excess tissue for scarring. Again, if you are a good healer, the "trade off" is worth it.