Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I need to chat with some concerning liposuction

Customer Question

i need to chat with some concerning liposuction
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. What do you want to know about liposuction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay for the last two weeks i have dropped 25 lbs eating a diet of strict green veggies and working out for hours a day. i have a large accumulation of fat around my torso. the current diet i am on is very manageable, i do not suffer from cravings and am for the most part feeling content on the food aspect. i am physically very, very strong and am 6 foot tall and weigh 265 lbs currently and when i am considerably lean i weigh around 220. i would like to get some for of cosmetic procedure to focus on the fat around my stomach since every else on my body really contains no really fatty deposits that are of any concern. what would be the best cosmetic non invasive and or invasive procedure for me to look in too. also i would like a limited amount of downtime to play a key factor.

Liposuction alone works very well for fat removal as long as there is no loose skin after fat removal. If the skin is loose, you will require skin removal also. The excess skin usually does not shrink after liposuction alone. You would require an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to achieve the best result. This is done at the same time as liposuction. There is "down time" following abdominoplasty and liposuction of at least 4-6 weeks so that the incision heals. The incision is a low abdominal horizontal incision. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what is best for you. I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay what about coolsculpting how do u feel about that for my situation?

Cool-sculpting will do absolutely nothing for excess skin. That is why you need an exam by a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and see what treatment is best for you. Also, you should not have anything done until you reach the weight you want to be at. Losing more than 15-20 pounds after treatment will cause more excess skin.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the guidance suppose I will just take a step back and breath

You are welcome. Reach your weight goal and then decide what is best for yourself.