Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I have an old injury on my bridge of my nose, It made my

Customer Question

I have an old injury on my bridge of my nose, It made my bridge of my nose look a little off and it made my nose look longer to me. I really think I broke it because it is slightly crooked and hard in the place that I injured it. I ran into the corner of a wall rushing to leave the house. When people that haven't seen me in years, they don't notice it. Is there a way to correct the bridge of my nose without causing my nose to look like it has not had anything done to it? Will it look like it did before I had the injury?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. If surgery is performed on the bridge of your nose to correct the abnormality, the nose will be straighter and may not look like it did before the injury. It is very difficult to make the nose look exactly like it did before the injury. I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this a safe procedure? How many weeks or months does it take for the nose to heal?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correcting the bridge of my nose is that a plastic surgeon issue or a Nose doctor issue ?

That procedure is best performed by a board certified plastic surgeon but you can choose any physician you want. The procedure is safe and can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation. Recovery time is approximately 4 weeks.