Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I had a BA on Dec 11, I went back last week and he removed

Customer Question

I had a BA on Dec 11, I went back last week and he removed my stitches from one breast but not the other. He said the other was swollen and irritated but not infected. He told me to use neosporin and guaze and come back in 1 week. Before I left he cauterized the incision a it where it was leaking. Today, there is a bubble which appears to be tissue (i don't know, just what it looks like) that is profusely leaking yellowish color liquid. It doesn't hurt, I am just extremely worried because I am out of town (doctor approved) and i'm not sure if this is okay or if I should be worried, I can provide pictures
Category: Plastic Surgery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have provided a picture
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. The photo looks like there is a problem with that incision. You are draining fluid also. You need to be on an antibiotic and you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon. You need to notify your surgeon and see what arrangement he wants to make as far as a plastic surgeon to see. This most likely is an infection and needs to be treated sooner than later. Do you have any fever? Is that breast more swollen than the other breast? I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I saw him on Monday and he said there was no infection. My main concern is the big "bubble"/blister? That appeared after he cauterized the incision, and that is what leaking. I did reach out to him with pictures but he has not gotten back to me. I do not have a fever and nothing seems out of sorts with the breast (more swelling,redness etc)

The problem is that area of the wound that is leaking. There may be little or no tissue covering the implant and that is the problem. You must get in touch with your surgeon. He has to have an answering service that can find him. Your surgeon is the one who has to make the decision as to what to do.

Just checking to make sure that you got in touch with your physician. That incision could be a problem because it is covering an implant. Hopefully you will heal with no problem.