Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I had 2 tummy tucks in 2007. The second one bleed profusely

Customer Question

I had 2 tummy tucks in 2007. The second one bleed profusely for a year. My surgeon finally sent me to infectios disease and I had staph. I got one round of antibotics...to quickent this it is seven years it bleeds, has green/yellow smelly fluid coming
out, it feels like my skin is on fire and the scar is becoming brown and I hae red lines and its getting bigger. What do I have? Also after eight years my diabetes came back at a 10 with a finger prick of 500, I have cirrohois and I now have portal tension,
infected lymph nodes in base of lungs, stomach and liver and my spleen is extremely enlarged and has a mass along with my liver has a mass. before this wound my liver was great and my diabetes was gone...whats happening????
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you have chronically infected wound for the last seven years. This sounds very unusual. What else do I need to know about your past medical history? Why has your surgeon not insisted that you keep seeing the infectious disease specialist? I await your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did tuck because diabetes made me lose weight. First tuck was bad n continued hurt so head of u of pa surgeon did 2nd...for one year it bleed n he had no clue why. Finally he just sent me to infectious disease I had staph but I assume they thought surgeon would continue to see me but he didn't tell me to come back. I had cirrohis Nash but it was doing good due to weight loss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't think it would continental n get worse but the surgeries were so bad I couldn't image doing again so until I went for an epidural n mentioned the wound n an infection disease doc refused to do procedure said it could go in my blood n kill me so I went back to Penn n surgeon only told me he has to cut it out nothing else like what's going on what's he cutting can it happen again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this have caused all my other problems

Who is taking care of this abdominal infection? Your area will not heal unless the infected tissue is removed in surgery. It is possible that a chronic infection can make other body systems worse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U of pa plastic surgeon in wound care. I saw him for 5 minstrel n all he said is it has to come off n doesn't seem to b concerned but now because of the hypertension portal on Fri u of pa is doing eng to see if I have varices n what the risk of surgery while since sept I'm in constant pain from this wound...surg did want CT of adbomen to see stomach walls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sept is when I went to surgeon

Your other medical problems must be under control so that surgery is safe for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are not under control....my sugar is going from 100 to.120 to 160 yesterday n I'm eating the same. My doc said if I have varices (we just found out I had hypertension portal I read on a CT scan shenanigans I went to er....liver doc doesn't kno risk until does eng to check for varices. However will he cut the whole incision off...I i.e. from hip to hip? I am chronic pain patient n u of pa has me on now exalgo n dilaudid n 2pm years oxycontin n oxycodone n I'm afraid they won't be able to control my pain due to my extreme tolerance n being opioid depend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's 20 years of oxycodone n oxycodone ir
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I lost u. I would like to stop n I am not happy with the service as u just stopped answering. I'm not satisfied also as I told u we don't kno if I have varices n u said it's safe to do surgery both liver n surgeon said it could be deadly to do it without k owing the risks if I have varices. Do not charge me as I don't feel u understood

I understood completely and I was very clear in what I said. Your medical problems need to be in order before you are able to undergo any surgery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look at ur last answer u said ur medical conditions must b under control so it's safe....and I clearly told u we won't know till Friday if I have varices.

That is correct. No surgery can be performed unless you receive a medical clearance.