DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I had bletharoplasty on my upper kids nov 6 with dissolvable

Customer Question

I had bletharoplasty on my upper kids nov 6 with dissolvable sutures. The sutures started coming out the day after surgery. I have been sutured with prolene in 2 spots where the sutures let go and that is holding. Where the dissolvable are left, they are all almost out and those sites are not healing. I am being flown to where my surgeon is located right now. My question is do you think it is possible I had an allergic response to the dissolvable sutures? My surgeon is accusing me of pulling them out in the night.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I think allergy is possible.

'I think they could have gotten infection with staph or strep.

All needs to be considered.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.