Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I'm 22 and pregnant. I want more children in the future but

Customer Question

I'm 22 and pregnant. I want more children in the future but I also want plastic surgery done. If I were to get let's say a breast augmentation and a Brazilian Butt Lift after this pregnancy would it be a waste of money because of temporary results? Or would it be best to wait until I'm completely finished having children?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. You could have the breast augmentation and a Brazilian butt lift after your pregnancy but these procedures will be affected by future pregnancies. So it is probably best to wait until after your final pregnancy to have these performed. Pregnancy affects the breast, as you know, and a lot of women have postpartum atrophy of the breast so a breast augmentation after this pregnancy would more than likely need more surgery. Also, with the weight gain during pregnancies and the loss of weight after pregnancies, a surgical procedure such as a butt lift would also need more surgery. I am available if you have more questions.