Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

Has anyone broken their nose from getting spiked in the nose

Customer Question

has anyone broken their nose from getting spiked in the nose by a pingpong? Tonight I was playing pingpong (16 months post rhinoplasty) and the ping pong ball struck me right on the nose... i am concerned... it felt like a smack, but I want to make sure
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. It is possible to have a nasal injury from a ping pong ball. Are you swollen? Did you have any bleeding? Does the nose look different? You should be examined by your surgeon just to be sure since you had a previous rhinoplasty. Your surgeon may order a nasal bone X-ray. I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not swollen, no bleeding, same look... since it's all those 3 I am just looking for some peace of mind on the incident, Have u heard of many instances of people having similar concerns to a similar incident?

Absolutely people who underwent rhinoplasty should be concerned if they have nasal trauma. It is more common than you think. It sounds like you did not injure the nose. If you have any questions, you should be examined by your surgeon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your vagueness in your response is not helping. I am not satisfied with the response, due primarily to the fact that I answered no to all ur preliminary questions and then you contradicted your stance in your second answer.

My answer was exactly as it should be. If you are not swollen, have had no bleeding and have the same appearance, then you probably had no damage to your nose. As I stated, if you are still concerned, then you need an exam of the nose including an internal nasal exam by your surgeon.