Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

My pieced ear lobe has split in half, it does not hurt and

Customer Question

My pieced ear lobe has split in half, it does not hurt and it isn't bleeding but it's split totally in half. What should I do?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. The torn ear lobe should be repaired. It is a minor procedure that is performed using local anesthesia. You should make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who can repair this in his office. I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this need to be done immediately? I am supposed to be away for 10 day starting tomorrow on business

This is not an emergency. It can be performed at any time that is convenient for you.