Dr. Herb Goldberg
Dr. Herb Goldberg, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Experience:  35 years experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Certified by the American Board
50734646

I'm 57 and have been working out but feel I have lost

Customer Question

I'm 57 and have been working out but feel I have lost volume/muscle mass and tone in my butt / gluteus. Is it possible to regain this tone and tighten this area and if so how?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Sometimes the gluteus muscle can be righted somewhat with exercise. If the skin is loose, exercise may tighten the skin also but not very much. There is surgery to help this - it is called a buttocks lift where the muscle is tightened and the excess skin is removed through an incision in the buttocks crease. I am available if you have more questions.