Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

No dial tone, AT&T 6.0 model 52260, I just purchased it from

Customer Question

no dial tone
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: AT&T 6.0 model 52260
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just purchased it from amazon used. It's been fully charged and tried other on other phone jacks.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that your phone is defective.

But to check and be sure first, also check that you are using more than one phone cable to the phone, when you try it out.

And also - you might doubtfully be plugging the phone cable in to the wrong jack on the phone's base unit. If there are two such phone cable jacks on the base unit, try plugging into the other one. One of the two may be a 'pass-through' port, and not work if connected to from the phone line (as opposed to having another phone-type device, e.g. fax or answering machine etc.) work through it.

After that, if it still has no dial tone (and if you are sure your phone service isn't down, causing the lack of a dial tone), contact the Amazon.com seller, and tell them you are returning the goods because the phone is defective, and you would like a refund, or perhaps you would like to exchange the defective phone for a new one of equivalent value and capability.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.