Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

530-432-8635...JUST PURCHASED A NEW PHONE MOD#CL4940, AND

Customer Question

JUST PURCHASED A NEW PHONE MOD#CL4940, AND THE ONLY MESSAGE THAT COMES UP ON THE SCREEN IS "NO AC POWER"..AND THAT ONLY BREIFLY .
PHONE CLEAR SOUND OK..CAN MAKE CALLS GOING OUT, CAN ANSWER CALLS OK, BUT CAN NOT GET ANYTHING ELSE TO WORK....
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phone(s).

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Was this a NEW phone - purchased from a local store?

2) Did you FULLY unpack the box this phone came in, and find an AC Power Adapter?

3) If you did find an AC power adapter, has that been connected to the phone AND an active (working) AC power outlet?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
new phone.. and I do know how to connect it to the system.so take it from there and solve the problem
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I tried to accept your call request, but see a "payment failure" occurred.

This is usually caused by a security check by the bank or credit card company. If you can clear that failure, I can try to accept the call request, but we can continue here in this text/chat form if you would like.

Just let me know:

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Let me offer a phone call from my side of the system, as that may be easier for you to accept and make the connection.

OR - we can continue here in this text/chat form.

Just let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I HAVE SENT TO YOU ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT I AM ABLE TO. I DON'T THINK THAT TO AC POWER IS THE PROBLEM, HOWEVER I WILL IN THE EARLY AM FRIDAY, CONNECT THE PHONE TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION, JUS TO SEE IF THE AC POWER AT THIS LOCATION IS THE PROBLEM.
I'LL GET BACK TO YOU ON FRIDAY MORNING TIME NOW IS 12:05 AM
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

If this is a model CL4940 system, a WORKING AC adapter is REQUIRED - to power the display AND ANY of the "lighted indicators".

But the phone WILL STILL OPERATE for making and receive calls as your phone seems to be doing. This is actually a "feature" - so that the phone will continue to operate (without lighted displays) IF there is a power failure.

Please let me know what you find with your TESTING in the morning. I should be back here in 8-9 hours.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Also note the following paragraphs from the full user's manual - related to NO AC POWER (see attached image).

These sound the EXACT conditions you have.

I'll check on your progress/results in the morning.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)