Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a cordless phone KX-TGE432 etc. and all the phones in

Customer Question

I have a cordless phone KX-TGE432 etc. and all the phones in the system (5) show a system in use message, even though none of them are being used. Cant make any calls and incoming calls all go to message.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: KX-TGE432,KX-TGE433,KX-TG3634,KX-TGE445,KX-TG3640,KX-TG3645
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Insatlled system last week and it worked fine until today. Tried setting to not tone, triedlots of things but always ended up with "Line In Use" message.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 19 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Does the display on the handsets CHANGE - when the PHONE CORD is disconnected from the MAIN BASE of the system?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) If you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
When I disconnect the phone line the display says "check your telephone connection", does not show line in use, displays time and date. Frontier is our phone company. These are no other phones on the line.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I feel good using the email until we get closer to a solution. Correction from previous - incoming calls are answered and told "not available" but do not take a message.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 19 days ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - the "check telephone connection" is actually a "good thing" - as the main base unit is detecting that there IS or IS NOT a "valid phone signal".

So may I ask if you still have a DIFFERENT phone - that can be swapped in for the MAIN BASE - and TESTED for a dial tone?

Thanks

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I like email until we get closer to a solution. The display changes when I disconnect the phone line. Frontier is our phone company.
I found a standard phone and connected to the phone line. No dial tone, just a crackling sound.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I found a standard phone and when I connected it no dial tone just a crackling sound.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 19 days ago.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

OK - if you swapped in a different phone and do NOT get a dial tone, and only "noise" (crackling sound) - that has FOUND the issue - which is the SERVICE - or some of the provider's equipment is having an issue.

Then next logical step is to contact the service provider's technical support folks - usually available 24 hours a day - and report this issue.

OR - if you have any of the provider's equipment INSIDE your home, you can TRY to "reset" that equipment - by removing ALL POWER from that equipment for a period of 3-5 minutes, and then applying power again.

Please let me know if you have the provider's contact information, as I may be able to find that for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 19 days ago.

If you have Frontier as your provider, I have a link to their "contact us" page below. When you reach that page, you MAY have to check and SET your location - in the upper-right of that page (enter zip code).

Main "Contact Us" Page
https://frontier.com/Contact-Us

Please let me know what you find - when you can.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I will contact Frontier.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 19 days ago.

You're quite welcome.

NOTE: You will of course need to use a WORKING phone - such as a cell phone - to contact them.

- OR - you MAY find an active "chat" service on that main page. But I have had much better results using a phone to contact them.

I will look for any results you may have at a later time.

Thanks, ***** *****