Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have att uvers internet and phone service. The computer

Customer Question

I have att uvers internet and phone service. The computer and phones are wired into the router/ modem. My inter net is obviously working but my phones are not. I have a dial tone but when dialing or answering an incoming can nothing happens.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My computer is and HP running windows 1 and works fine . the wifi router is an arris ATT704.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that the problem doesn't seem to be with my computer but with the phone portion of the routor or the incoming phone line
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) WHEN did this issue first begin - or was noticed?

3) If you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone at the moment of that request.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)