Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I. I have a Panasonic phone, model KX-TGA659. I have it set

Customer Question

I John. I have a Panasonic phone, model KX-TGA659. I have it set up to answer calls and usually the screen will say I have a message and I can play the message. The phone has a voice mail feature which I have set up. I now have a "New Voice Mail" message which I can not access. What can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic, model KX-TGA659
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This message was on my phone yesterday when I got home. I have tried to access the voice mail feature - even though it has never been set up - and it dials a four digit no. and then it wants me to dail my v.m. no. I don't know it - have never set one up. Phone then begins to beep for a minute or so and then beeps loudly for me to hang up. I have cleared all the messages on the phone base - those are messages that were left on the phone's answering machine, which is what I use.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base. NOTE: The KX-TGA numbers are for cordless handsets or chargers.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Panasonic Model KX-TGA659
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Greg, I thought this was an actual Panasonic site. I do not wish to continue. Please confirm.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again - sorry for any delay.

As you may have just noticed, this is JustAnswer.com, where we try to help folks to answer their questions - about phones & phone systems, and many other issues.

Also, We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

I DO think I can help with this issue, and I suspect that it is NOT an issue with your phones. If you want to continue, just let me know.

Otherwise, If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks, ***** *****