Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Panasonic kx-tg7732s model phone. The dialtone

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic kx-tg7732s model phone. The dialtone works but I can't make any calls and when I call the number with my cellphone it says the call cannot be completed as dialed. It worked fine on Saturday.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: at least 5-6 years if not older
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today. I disconnected and reconnected everything but still no luck
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can't think of anything
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That really sounds as if the phone has a central circuitry malfunction inside it, making it non-responsive (though still basically capable in the audio circuitry enough to allow you to hear a dial tone - and that is really not much function, it mostly proves that the line itself isn't what is out of order.)

Leave it unplugged and turned Off and with no power and no phone line connection overnight to cool off and reset - it might just be a temporary glitch in its works, though at 5 or 6 years old, I can't old out much hope. Still, if a surge on the line produced this problem, the phone just might recover, this way.

Also try a different phone on the same line, before either having the problem phone repaired, or before disposing of it - to make quite sure the line isn't the problem nor the phone line service on the line (which might still provide a dial tone but be otherwise incapable, possibly if not probably.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.