Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Base nor handset is ringing: kxtg9331t: unplug base and

Customer Question

Base nor handset is ringing: kxtg9331t: unplug base and register both base and handset: adjust volume to max ,
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, a little more background info please:

• • is this a fresh / new install;
  • • or has the Panasonic long been in use and this issue of "...Base nor handset is ringing..." just recent;
  • • who is your home phone service provider please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
NeedCVIssue is new
Verizon is the provider,(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Can outgoing calls be made?

When there is an incoming call, is the ringer indicator flashing rapidly ? ...even if not audibly ringing.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Outgoing calls can be made
Nothing happens to indicate incoming calls, not registering info on handsetp
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Can you please try calling your home phone number using a cellphone.

Note if Verizon's VoiceMail would answer thus intercepting incoming calls even before these reaches the Panasonic.

Alternatively, please listen if the call would be routed to another number or elsewhere as a call forwarding feature.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Try calling from cell on cell phone is ringing but home phone is not. Mesthen goes to voice mail.
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Have you opted / enabled for Verizon's VoiceMail rather than the Panasonic's built-in answering system?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Verizon voicemail opt is in operation,. The home phone is not ringing for incoming calls.
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Sorry, I meant before this issue; which is used if you are not able to answer the phone? ...the Panasonic's built-in answering system? ...or Verizon's VoiceMail service?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Verizon voicemail is on .always on. Now the incoming calls have the issue. No ringing to indicate incoming calls.
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

I understand.

And based on these tests, it would appear to be a Verizon issue rather than a Panasonic. It would seem that the incoming callas are not pushed through to your home from Verizon.

Have you brought this to their attention ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you know of any option to activate the ringer on the home phone .
I have not spoken to Verizon relative yet.
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

The handset has a ringer indicator that should flash when there is an incoming call even if no actual/audible ringing. However, based on "...Nothing happens to indicate incoming calls, not registering info on handsetp...", then I am inclined to suspect that there is no incoming line/signal from Verizon to your home.

Still, yes; the ringer volume can be programmed. Please click HERE.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have done this already
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Which then reenforces the suspicion that this is a Verizon concern rather than a setting/configuration with the Panasonic.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanh you for your assistance.
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround doable at the Panasonic's end; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Still, good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.