Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Hased a modelcs6114 at Walmart based on your ad at this URL

Customer Question

hased a modelcs6114 at Walmart based on your ad at this URL and the store disply. They show and tellthat the screen display is brightly highlighted in green. Mine has some letteing on it but with out a flashlight it cannot be read. It is in a deep shadow and even with no light it cannot be read. The number pad is well lighted and no problem. What is wrong with the dispaly panel and how can it be remedied. I've been back to the store twice but they said they couldn't do anything about it - its as good as it gets. How come all the advetsing says and shows a brightly lighted panel which is false?!?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: V-teck model CS6114 puchased this past Friday an battry was charged for 24 hours before use.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: From the start and at the store I exchanged it for a new one on Saturday and it is exactly the same and the trouble shooting was done by Walmart's techie and he shrugged his ashoulders.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I am retired but I was a contracted consultant to the US SBA and if you cannot produce as advertised, I intend to reprt that I was falsely adverised to!!!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A question about your V-Tech phone:

- if you were in the dark, could the display be read at all?

- how long ago did you purchase it?