Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Can't turn on Vtech Answering System, Can't turn VTech

Customer Question

Can't turn on Vtech Answering System
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Can't turn VTech CS6429-4 answering system
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Vech will no ecord message left by caller
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: Vtech pjhone is not working
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: Vtech(cs6428-4) will not allow incoming call to leave message after requested
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: I've Vtech telephone that is not working
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: The Vtech phone is not working
JA: I can help you talk to the phone system repairman. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: The Vtech phone will not record incoming message from the caller.
JA: OK. The phone system repairman will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the phone system repairman can help you best.
Customer: There is no more to tell. The Vtech phone will not record the incoming caller message when we cannot answer phone.
JA: Is there anything else the phone system repairman should be aware of?
Customer: NO!!!
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 13 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, a little more background info please:

• • is this a fresh / new install;
  • • or has it been in use for some time and the answering system was working as expected with this issue just recent;
  • • what is the message heard by the callers (when you can not answer thephone).

Still, let's check / review the basics; does pressing on the ANS ON/OFF causing the button to light up?