Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

We have a new Vtech system#15750 (triple) Having trouble

Customer Question

We have a new Vtech system#15750 (triple) Having trouble with the set up. We can Dial out alright but incoming calls are preceded by a brief recorded message (the number of the dialler I think) and then we are not given time to answer the call. Also we want to extend the ringtime before voicemail cuts in and make the ringtone louder. We have set up mobile by bluetooth and wonder if this is the problem ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: v tech (Telstra) 15750 (made in China)
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The phone set is new. Only set up one day. This is my first attempt to sort problems.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is all there in my questions
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line (the landline part of the system)?

2) Do you have a copy of the FULL manual for this system - in case I need to reference a page or two?

3) What is the approximate ring time - BEFORE the incoming calls are switched to the message system?

4) Are the calls that are switched to the message system actually recorded in the providers "Voicemail" system, or the "Answering system" that is built into the Vtech system (these are two different message systems)?

Thanks

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me). Plus, I am NOT available by phone at this time.
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)