Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My landphone will not take messages and says message box

Customer Question

my landphone will not take messages and says message box full, i press the button to delete messages ,th recording says messages deleted, but i still seee 42F showing and i went through the 5 steps to solve but i could ot get the time and date to display so i went to step 6 and i cannot down load manual, so here i am
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: CS6229-2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for months people have been telling me they cannot leave messages they get message box full response
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did all of the 6 trouble shooting tips to solve problem , was able to push menue select and i turned up the volume and i unplugged the head set and that is far as i can get, i was directed to reser time and date, but cant get it to change it may be there is a proceedure for that that i don't know about
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 25 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Do you have access to a DIFFERENT phone line - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone? If so, can you TURN OFF the answering system, and place a TEST CALL to your number, and tell me what is heard (and if you hear that "full" greeting)?

Thanks