Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

We want to turn off the answering machine feature on our

Customer Question

we want to turn off the answering machine feature on our Vodavi starplus sts and just use the Comcast phone service one. We have looked every where to try to figure out how to disable the answering machine/voicemail feature
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 11 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have been happy with the voicemail but just switched our phone service to Comcast and it comes with voicemail and would rather do that. The troubleshooting I have tried is to read many different versions of the manual to locate info on how to disable the voicemail feature but all I can find is how to use the voicemail.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 26 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

this is done via the call forwarding for busy / no answer

To disable it

Lift handset or press ON/OFF button.
Either press the FWD button, dial [640] or [662], or use the Soft Key’s CLR-FWD option. A confirmation tone sounds and the FWD LED extinguishes.

Replace handset; ON/OFF button extinguishes automatically, if used instead of handset.

It will then stop forwarding the calls

You can see this on the manual page 2-29 available here

http://www.cactcom.com/Manuals/Vodavi/Vodavi%20Starplus-STS/STARPLUS%20STSe%20Programming%20and%20Operations%20Manual.pdf

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
This does not work. The Vodavi answering system keeps picking up the call. we have followed your instructions on each phone. 662 is the only number that gives us a tone and we thought it would be fixed when we heard the "tone" The Vodavi answering machine keeps picking up the call. As I mentioned in my question we would like to disable the Vodavi answering machine and use our Comcast service instead. Our problem has not been resolved please advise on how to turn off the answering machine.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I tried to call but saw there was another fee. Our problem is not resolved and there should not be another fee. Please advise.
Expert:  Richard replied 23 days ago.

ok, this is the only method I know for disabling it and I am not sure why it is not working for you

I will opt out for another expert that may have new ideas.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when a new expert takes over

Thank you

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello Just Answer
I do not have a resolution about my original question of disabling the voicemail feature on Vodavi phone system.I have not had a response from Just Answer to resolve this. Please advise. Thank you. Mylene