Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

We just got a 2-line VTech phone for the office, trying to

Customer Question

We just got a 2-line VTech phone for the office, trying to hook it up and when two calls come through, the second goes straight to voicemail. The first caller connects to both lines.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: also have a fax brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just this morning. We unplugged and replugged.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does your office have a phone system box? in a back room or an equipment stall.

If so, the problem might be there, rather than in the new phone.

Did a previoius phone on that same line (as the line the new phone is put on) have any problem?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we already reset that because we weren't getting a dial tone.The previous phone was working yesterday (except for one of the handsets).So, now we have a dial tone, but the call comes in on both lines.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Second call does not roll over to line two, but goes directly to voicemail without even ringing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you on other calls while on with me? I am just wondering about the wait time. Since it says you are working on MY problem, I would like to know what the delay is.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the hold up?????
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Apologies... it is not easy to post responses promptly today. A system bug seems to be afflicting operations, and I hope they will be at full speed soon.

Yes, I was trying to post one other response, that had waiting a half hour while the system's bug interfered. I hope it is understandable that I took care of that first.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I have Opted Out, since things are not going well with this case and my efforts toward helping. This opens the case to other Experts in this category, one of which will hopefully pick up on it shortly.