Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have the vtech digital answering system - Model 15550. Not

Customer Question

I have the vtech digital answering system - Model 15550.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure how old but it is Model 15550, I need to record my own message on the answering machine.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am new at this office and need to record a message please let me know how I can do this.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that I need to record a message for customers to hear when the office is unattended.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 25 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the Vtech 15550 User's Guide provide instructions for recording your own announcement (greeting message).

Please click HERE.

The manual is in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and can be viewed in most web browser. Click on the link to open the file or right click then select “Save As…” to download the file. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for this purpose.