Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My phone will only ring once when someone calls, then if I'm

Customer Question

My phone will only ring once when someone calls, then if I'm not quick enough it will disconnect the caller. there is a small bell in the lower left side of the phone screen with a diagonal line through it, I never noticed it before.. Did I block something that keeps the phone from ringing until I answer.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin?

NOTE: A "bell w/line through it" typically means the RINGER has been turned OFF. But we can not say that is true UNTIL I know what system you have.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I Have the Verizon phone service, Panasonic phone model Is KX TGEA 40 -B , The issued started a couple of days ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

I see you tried to request a Premium Service (phone call), but that request did not make it through to me.

If you agree to the terms of that request, you can try again OR we can continue here - in this text-based chat form.

The number you sent (KX-TGEA40) is for a CORDLESS HANDSET (or charger).

Please look for the MAIN base unit (LARGER and connected to a phone cord and power adapter), and see if you can find the model number of the SYSTEM there.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a service center I can take my phone to have it reset , and the system is a portable phone that sits on a charger when not in use. On the main charger , S/N - 6FAXA022531 Model KX-TGE433B,it is a 5.5v 500mA , then it shows Panasonic Intertek(###) ###-#### Can I get a Instructions booklet it will help I don't ever receiving it when I bought the system..
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

Here are a couple of links to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for this system.

KX-TGE432
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tge432_en_om.pdf
http://tinyurl.com/TGE432

Details about blocking or erasing ALL blocked numbers is on page 24 of that manual.

Let me know if you have any trouble viewing or interpreting the manual, or have any other questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 months ago.