Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My phone shows a "new voiccemail, but I do not have

Customer Question

my phone shows a "new voiccemail, but I do not have voicemail. I changed providers to comcast. and they cannot or have not cleared the voicemail icon from the phone. Can you tell be how to do it.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: About three months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have called concast fourtimes and they assure me that it will be off in twenty four hours, but it never has happen. I have unplugged the phone even unplugged the battery in hopes that it would reset.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It might help to know that the salesman who sold be comcast told me that the phone did not have voicemail; however, the voicemail icon came on the first day, and salesman was here checking the system and he took the voicemaili icon off. About a month later it came back on.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I cannot get the voicemail icon from my phone, I do not have voicemail, When I first signed up for comcast, I told the salesman that I did not want voicemail and he assures me that it was discontented. However, the icon came on and the salesman took it off. About a month later the icon with new voicemail came on again. I have called comcast four times and each time they have assured me that the icon would be removed. However, it never has happened. Can you tell me how to remove the icon so that the phone will indicate miss calls?
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

Can you please test something for me - pick up the line and list very carefully - do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I am waiting for a reply, I have updated by payment information. If you can't answer my concern, tell me now so that I do not waste my money. Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

I can absolutely address the issue for you, but the call still has not processed, please try accepting it again.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have tried to no avail, I know that I am not very smart on the computer. Just call me and tell me how to remove the voicemail and icon. I will give you my credit information over the phone if necessary, but I have updated it already several times. You have my phone number but it is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nathan replied 25 days ago.

My apologies for the confusion on the site and payment issues, You may cancel through the help page, and I've sent a note to customer service on your behalf as well.